7.10.13

SCKLM : My Race

This event was supposed to be held on 30th June but was postponed till 29th September 2013 due to haze .I was frustrated when the postponed announcement was made on 27 June. I've trained hard preparing and controlling my diet towards the event. I even plan to finish Half Marathon at 2hours 15 minutes.
I almost retire from running due to frustration on the event postponement.
In the end I did run SCKLM, but i did not train as hard or set any target time to finish.
I arrive at Dataran Merdeka around 5.10 am after taking the LRT from Bandar Tasik Selatan with Ameer and Azfar.
Meet up with the others Salman, Burn, Hezlan and Anas after keeping our luggage. Right after Subuh prayers, all of us start to gather at the starting line. The line was hectic but manage to get my way to the middle of the area.


The start of the race I was doing fine but have to run zig zag to pass many runners. My pace was good,  until the 1st water station. After a cup of water, I starting to have side stiches and have to slow down my pace. Salman run pass me at KM 5 at Jalan Syed Putra. I'm continuing to slow down and Burn run pass me at KM 7 before Jalan Loke Yew tunnel.
At Jalan Loke Yew at the 2nd water station, beside Viva Home Centre, I took my first power gel and manage to catch up with Burn after the 2nd water station at Stadium Badminton Cheras.
I  continue to push and was pushing my pace until Bulatan Kampung Pandan. Maintaining pace until Bukit Bintang near Pavillion where I walk most of the route uphill.
I was quite tired at the time but try to push on. Took my 2nd power gel at KLCC area and try to maintain the pace.
At that time my pace was good and could be able to finish before 2 hours 30 minutes. Starting from Maju Junction it was just a long straight line towards the finishing line. The FM and 10km runners merging with the HM runners at Pertama Kompleks.
I was 2 hours 26 minutes and 500 metres before the finishing line where I try to push on hard to the finishing line. There was no more gas in the tank. There was a lot of people cheering all the runners starting in front of Sogo.  In the end I only manage to reach the finishing line at 2hours 33 minutes. The official gun time was 2hours and 34 minutes.
It took me 7 minutes just to finish the last 500m. The race was tough. The weather was not kind also. It was already scorching hot during that time.
In the end, I did not make it below 2hours 30minutes. It was not my PB or my PW either. I'm still happy I managed to finished it without proper training.
This was my 4th HM to date and seriously looking forward on this event again next year.
Maybe my 1st FM will be when running SCKLM. Maybe...a very big maybe.



the usual winning pose

100m before the finishing line

Huru Hara Runners


No comments: