19.11.14

Bukit Putus Endurance Run : Accidental Run

This was the run I was actually eager to run from the 1st day they promoting it in the internet. I was one of the earliest to register as there will be no safe way for runners to run at Bukit Putus as the road is very narrow, hilly and a lot of dangerous corner.
2 month prior to the event I was quite bummed as I have to attend my brother in law convocation in UUM Sintok at the same day of the event. I decided to sold my bib. I managed to sold it the 1st hour after advertising it.

1 week before the event, the whole family could not travel to UUM, then I was looking eagerly for the bib. I managed to secure a bib from the person who I sell it to 6 hours before the event. It seems, he could not attend the event and decided to sold it back to me. A few of my friends also joining this event.



It was raining 1 hour before the event but the rain stopped around 6.50. The race flag off delayed for 10 minutes. Since it was a hill run, after flag off I only did a slow jog up the hill. From the start towards the U-turn, there was 1 water station. All the way from the start towards  the u-turn the route was going up hill. 1 km before the U-turn the runners start to descent down the hill.

Before the 1st water station

Another water station after the u-turn at 5km mark and then the uphill begins again around 1.5 to 2km hike. I try to run most of the part of the hill but could not continue after 1km. I try to power the balance of the hill. The comes the best part of the route was the downhill The dowhill before the u-turn was only about 1km down but after the hill was around 8km down. It was really fun running downhill but the runners still have to be carefull since the road was still slippery because of the early morning rain.

My pacer during the downhill

This event was quite low key and did not manage to gather a lot of runners. Many runners maybe opted for more bigger run that happening in KL on the same day. The run downhill was so quiet and loney since the turn up was low.
I do manage to pace up 1 runner during downhill. We ran together until the 9km mark. I had to slow down because of side stitches. 2 runners managed to ran pass me during the last KM.  I crossed the finish line at 1 hour 10 minutes 35 seconds.
Final sprint

The best part of the race was the picture from the official photographer. The photographer was everywhere and keep on snapping picture of the runners. The water station was managed smoothly. The KM mark was only shown during the water station.


I keen to join again next year if the organizer decided to organize this event as I prefer low key event since it will not be so crowded like PBIM last week.


Medal and Cert.



No comments: